Redbox V2 Firmware
The r.e.d.box v2 update features a complete revamp of the original r.e.d.box programs and trigger settings.
Fifty new custom programs were created to make it a total 150 drum kits in the r.e.d.box library. They run the gamut from Acoustic, Hybrid, Electronic, FX and one-man Rhythm Sections. The last two kits are programmed with the Kick and Snare using the Aux Out for discreet mixing.
The dynamic range of every instrument has been enhanced to give the drummer the expression he needs on stage and in the studio. Dynamics were the number one priority and you can really notice the difference in the ghost notes and quiet buzz rolls.
Every drum kit has been modified to use the pitch to velocity function that allows the samples to change in pitch when the are played at different velocities. This helps to create a more realistic performance and helps to reduce the 'machine gun' triggering that is evident in most modules.
The cymbals in the new kits received a sonic makeover along with the EQ and Compression.
You can also add 2 extra crash cymbals without any additional programming to trigger inputs #10 and #11.
Additional improvements have been made on the Panning, EQ and overall effects to give you everything you need to record or play on stage. The trigger inputs have been adjusted to avoid crosstalk and unwanted ghost triggering that was evident in version one.
- If you are not familiar with sysex files, please read the operational instructions for your preferred sysex program (C6 for PC or Sysex for Mac).
- Download the r.e.d.box v2 update sysex file to your computer.
- If you haven't done so already, download the C6 Program for PC or the Sysex Program for Mac. (Do not use the Pearl Updater Application for sysex files)
- Open up the sysex program and drag the r.e.d.box v2 update to the file window.
- ATTN PC USERS: Once you open C6, click Configure to get to the MIDI Preferences window. Highlight Pearl Red Box MIDI Interface in the MIDI In and MIDI Out windows. Also, change the Delay (ms) number to 50 then click Ok.
- Connect your USB cable to the r.e.d.box module. (it is a standard USB printer cable)
- Turn off your r.e.d.box module, hold down the SAVE button and then turn on the module.
- The display will read 'Midi Restore' which indicates the module is waiting for the v2 update sysex file.
- Make sure your preferred sysex program (C6 for PC or Sysex for Mac) recognizes the r.e.d.box module.
- Hit the Play button on your preferred sysex program and it will start the update.
- It will take approximately 5 minutes to update your r.e.d.box module. Please note that all of your existing programs will be removed.
- Restart the module after the files have completed loading and enjoy the new update!
Redbox V2 Firmware (syx)
Fifty new custom programs were created to make it a total 150 drum kits in the r.e.d.box library. They run the gamut from Acoustic, Hybrid, Electronic, EFX and one man Rhythm Sections and the last two kits are programmed with the kick and snare using the Aux out for discreet mixing.
Use this Alternate Download Page if you're having problems downloading the v2 Firmware .syx file
Vibetastic V2 (syx)
Twenty-five new custom expansion kits that cover a lot of ground with full ambient kits, electronica soundscapes, and bone-dry sound palettes. The last two kits are programmed with the kick and snare using the Aux out for discreet mixing.
EHH-2 Tru-Trac Hi-Hat Cymbals Update:
This zip file contains the EHH-2 Update and instructions on how to update your r.e.d.box module. Not for use with EHH-1 Tru-Trac Hi-Hat Cymbals.
Subscribing to our R.E.D.BOX Newsletter at the bottom of this page allows you to be the first to receive major announcements, firmware alerts, and special offers via e- mail.
We want to insure that you receive the highest quality of service and support when you need assistance. For answers to the most Frequently Asked Questions, browse our FAQ section and our Video Tutorials Page. You can also reach us by filling out the Contact Information form and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible.
- e-Pro Assembly Manual (pdf)
- Pearl Redbox RBM 20 Module Owner's Manual v 1.1 (pdf)
- Pearl Redbox RBM 20 Module Quickstart Guide (pdf)
These programs will allow you to save your User Presets for the Original Redbox Factory and Memory Switch kits.
- Mac: SysEx Librarian (539 KB)
- Win: C6 SysEx Manager (313 KB) includes pdf document
- SysEx Aux Split - (13.7KB) includes text file
This update assigns the Kick on Aux#1 and the Snare on Aux#2
Original Redbox Factory Kits (zip)
Original set of sounds that were installed in your Redbox from the factory.